For Healthcare (Clinical) steam sterilizers, the process discussed below can be entered through a special password provided by PRIMUS. If a password can be used, the calibration process starts at step #6 below.
The touchscreen used on the General Purpose PSS8 control system provides a user interface that is more convenient and flexible than a push-button version. On rare occasions, the touch-sensitive circuitry can become out of sync with the perceived location of a “touch” on the screen.
This is indicated by the screen consistently highlighting an area on the screen other than where it is touched. When this occurs, the touchscreen has a built-in calibration utility to correct the situation.
When screen calibration is required, PRIMUS can provide a loaner Compact Flash module that is inserted in place of the application Flash (allowing access to the utility).
The procedure is as follows:
- Turn off the touchscreen using the power switch on the back of the screen.
- Remove the existing compact flash card located on the side of the touchscreen.
- Insert the provided compact flash card.
- Turn on the touchscreen.
- Once booted, the touchscreen displays the Shell menu.
- Touch the SETTING button.
- Select the POWER STATION button.
- Select the CALIBRATE TOUCHSCRN button. The touchscreen is now in calibration mode with a crosshair near the upper left corner.
- Using a non-marring, sharp object such as a plastic stylus, touch the screen as close to the center of the crosshair as possible. The screen will register this touch location, respond with audio feedback, and display a new crosshair near the upper right corner.
- Touch this location near the crosshair center. The unit will register this touch location, respond with audio feedback, and display a new crosshair near the lower right corner.
- Touch this crosshair. The unit will register this touch location, respond with audio feedback, go black briefly, display some DOS text, and then return to the Shell menu.
- Power off the touchscreen, replace the compact flash card with the original card that came with the unit, and reapply the power.
- The touchscreen has now been calibrated
This procedure takes less than five minutes to perform and returns the screen to normal touch operation. At this point, the Compact Flash module needs to be shipped back to PRIMUS.
The Compact Flash can also be purchased from PRIMUS.