Installing the Paper
- The printer power must be on to replace the paper
- When the printer is out of paper the DTR/EOP LED will blink
- To open the printer, pull out on the printer bezel
- If there is paper left in the printer, pull the remaining paper through the printer
mechanism in the forward direction
- Remove the empty roll and place the plastic supply spindle aside to reuse
- Insert the plastic spindle into the new roll of paper and orient it so the paper
comes off the top of the roll
- Put the supply roll back in the supply roll bracket ensuring the paper rolls off the
top of the roll
- Ensure the paper path is free and clear and that the paper roll moves freely
- Pull the paper down and loop it back up into the printer mechanism opening
- Press and hold the “Feed” button until paper comes through the front of the
- Remove any slack in the paper roll and push the printer closed
- When the Keltron printer runs out of paper it will automatically be placed offline
- Press the “SLCT” button and the printer will resume printing
Installing the Ribbon
- To replace the printer ribbon, pull the existing ribbon cartridge forward to remove it
- Insert the new cartridge with the paper under the ribbon. Turn the knob toward the
arrow to tighten the ribbon
- Change the ribbon before it becomes worn out. Do not attempt to re-ink a spent
Do not use the printer if the ribbon and paper are not properly installed as this can cause damage to the print head mechanism.
Always make sure to install the paper roll so that the paper comes from the top of the roll. If the paper roll is installed backward, the paper can bind on the printed circuit board causing a paper jam.
If for any reason the paper becomes jammed, immediately take the printer offline by pressing the “SLCT” button once and slowly pulling out the paper. Paper jams can damage the print mechanism which will require replacement.
Never pull the paper backward this will damage the print mechanism requiring replacement.
Have a question or having difficulties? Talk to Dave Schall, our PRIMUS sterilizer expert who is here to assist you anytime at 877.679.7800 extension 1212 or email at email@example.com.
Visit us at spire-is.com