PRIMUS offers a water quality testing laboratory at the Great Bend facility (175 N US-281, Great Bend, KS 67530).
Because poor water quality is the root cause of many steam sterilizer problems, the PRIMUS Water Quality Laboratory was created to identify and resolve water issues that our customers may face (as early in the ordering, installation, and start-up process).
Results from PRIMUS’ in-house lab helps end users avoid costly downtime and repairs due to poor water quality. Water quality can be immediately determined.
The laboratory tests feed water and condensate:
- Water hardness
- pH measurements
How does PRIMUS test a water sample?
NOTE: This is best done prior to installation if potential water quality issues are suspected.
The PRIMUS lab uses drop count titration and color disc methods. Other chemical parameters will be added based on demand from the field.
- PRIMUS will send two small sample bottles via UPS. A return mailer, sampling instructions, and a general information form will also be included with the sample bottles.
- Water samples are drawn in the field and sent to PRIMUS along with the general information form.
- The samples will be analyzed and a report generated by PRIMUS along with recommendations on how to mitigate any problem areas.
- The report is sent to the original requestor for use in developing a course of action with the end user to proactively resolve any water quality issues.
How to request testing
- The requestor (ASA, end user, dealer, representative) notifies PRIMUS that a water analysis is needed.
PRIMUS hopes that the laboratory services are used frequently in an effort to drive Total Cost of Ownership to the lowest level possible.
Have a question or having difficulties? Talk to Dave Schall, our PRIMUS sterilizer expert who is here to assist you anytime at 877.679.7800 extension 1212 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at spire-is.com